Unable to determine a viable domain decomposition

Questions and other topics related to UEMS 18.
Post Reply
meteo60
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Unable to determine a viable domain decomposition

Post by meteo60 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:29 pm

In case of this error at the beggining of a run:
The UEMS was unable to determine a viable domain decomposition for domain 1
(215 (NX) x 202 (NY)) using 0 or fewer CPUs. This is likely due to the
inadequate size (I'm looking at you) of your domain. The UEMS looks forward to
working you again once you've increased the dimensions to suitable values.
It's because a bad information is returned by cat /proc/cpuinfo and/or by lscpu.
What I did to resolve this bug:
Edit /uems/strc/Uutils/Others.pm line 2699, comment it like that: #%info = &SystemCpuInfo2(\%info);
Last edited by meteo60 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meteosciez
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:36 am

Re: Unable to determine a viable domain decomposition

Post by meteosciez » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 pm

I had the same problem, due to a non-english localization of Linux.

There is also another way to resolve it, without having to modify UEMS scripts: add the environment variable LC_ALL=C , so that lscpu is returning the output in English, since this format is expected by UEMS scripts.

Add

Code: Select all

setenv LC_ALL C
in the .cshrc file if you are using tcsh shell,

or

Code: Select all

export LC_ALL=C
in the .bashrc if you are using bash shell.
meteo-sciez.fr

meteo60
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Re: Unable to determine a viable domain decomposition

Post by meteo60 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 pm

I confirm it's ok ! thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest