Has NEWR/WRF EMS any future ?

Forum and UEMS/WRF EMS information and news. No questions in this section please.
delinend

Has NEWR/WRF EMS any future ?

Post by delinend » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi.

I know, that Robert last year, was asigned to new projects. But has anyone news, regarding future development of NEWR/WRF EMS ? Is other people working on the EMS project, or are people just compiling there own WRF, and place it into EMS ?

Best regards.

meteoadriatic

Re: Has NEWR/WRF EMS any future ?

Post by meteoadriatic » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello,

Last information about new release Robert has put on mailing list was that there will be new release by the end of the year. I hope, he meant by end of 2012 :)

Still nothing however. But I really hope it will be released soon. I'm personally perfectly happy with v3.1 version that has all features I need, of course with heavy custom modifications that I do for my applications.

But, I'm still looking forward to see NMMB model. As far as I know, there is no public release of NMMB in any form, so it would be great if Robert include it into new EMS.

delinend

Post by delinend » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi meteoadriatic .

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I allso hope that it's in the start of 2013 :)

Maybe Robert wait's to release new NEWR/WRF EMS incl. NMM-B. I can't wait to try it.

Best regards.

WxJAK

Post by WxJAK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Is there anything we as a user community can do to help Bob out? Tip Jar? Beta testing? I imagine he is just as anxious to release it as we (okay, at least I) am for it's release.

-- Jacob
-- Jacob

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 pm

WxJAK wrote:Is there anything we as a user community can do to help Bob out? Tip Jar? Beta testing? I imagine he is just as anxious to release it as we (okay, at least I) am for it's release.

-- Jacob
You can try to contact him and offer your help. I'm pretty sure he would ask for additional help if he needs it. Robert is well aware about this forum and all the stuff going on here... I'm sure he would come here and ask for help if he needs it. But as I said, you can always try to offer your time... try to reach him via his e-mail.