DWIZ problem: "geogrid.log is Not Found"

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
meteoadriatic

Re: DWIZ problem

Post by meteoadriatic » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:03 pm

I really don't have idea. Can you give Centos a try or you have to use Ubuntu?

leroygr

Post by leroygr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Ok, I found a solution here: http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 82#p145834

So, for Ubuntu users that have this problem, just do the following:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install nscd
    # open /etc/nscd.conf with your $EDITOR
    # find following line:
    #         enable-cache            hosts           no
    # change "no" to "yes"
    # save & exit the editor
    sudo service nscd restart
Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Greg

buongiornometeo

Post by buongiornometeo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:43 am

Hi i've found it on wrfportal.com

"If you get an error message like "geogrid.log is not found" then you are probably trying to run a parallel version of geogrid. Parallel compiled code should be submitted through job queuing software which is not yet possible to do through Domain Wizard. Either
run the WPS executables outside of Domain Wizard (in a job queuing system), or recompile WPS in serial mode and then use Domain Wizard. The compilation option for compiling WPS is independent of the compilation option used for WRF. So, you could compile WRF parallel and WPS serial. "

Some idea?

capitanlibeccio

Re: DWIZ problem: "geogrid.log is Not Found"

Post by capitanlibeccio » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:42 am

I have the same error in ubuntu 12.10. any idea ?
thanks

raposu

Post by raposu » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Hello, I return to the post, I have the same problem:

So far experimentally was working with a laptop and opensuse, everything worked except me leins.

EMS worked with mint if I shared with Windows, but never on a clean install .... I mean the laptop (for this reason I decided to install opensuse)

Now I have a machine with mint15 preinstalled (mint not to my liking but I have not sufficient knowledge to assess).

Initially I got enough problems with permissions, but I gradually giving solutions. Now I'm stuck in "geogrid.log is Not Found"

I see that is not too common problem and I have no alternative.

Can anyone tell me the way?

thanks

raposu

Post by raposu » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 am

raposu wrote:Hello, I return to the post, I have the same problem:

So far experimentally was working with a laptop and opensuse, everything worked except me leins.

EMS worked with mint if I shared with Windows, but never on a clean install .... I mean the laptop (for this reason I decided to install opensuse)

Now I have a machine with mint15 preinstalled (mint not to my liking but I have not sufficient knowledge to assess).

Initially I got enough problems with permissions, but I gradually giving solutions. Now I'm stuck in "geogrid.log is Not Found"

I see that is not too common problem and I have no alternative.

Can anyone tell me the way?

thanks

Hello again ....

All solved, gender dominance with the laptop, I copy and apply the appropriate permissions in the new installation and all works perfectly

best regards