Dwiz problem machine 64 bits....java not found!

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
apextreme

Dwiz problem machine 64 bits....java not found!

Post by apextreme » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Very good afternoon to all colleagues around the world.
I'm using for years wrfems always working in 32 bits.
I've installed Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Mandriva, Centos, etc and have never had problems.
Now I've evolved, I bought a computer much more modern and therefore no longer architecture is 32 bits, but it is 64 bits.
Here began my problems. I tried to install many distros (Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Mandriva, Centos, etc) and all I had the same problem.
The installation is perfect, but when running "dwiz" here the problems begin.
In all the linux has given me the same error:

"forecast @ apextreme-> dwiz
Information Domain Wizard Has Been Written to / home / forecast / wrfems / logs / dwiz.log "

Dwiz.log file states:

"sh: / home/forecast/wrfems/domwiz/libs/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java: No such file or directory"

The truth is that not what happens. I have tried installing with:

. / ems_install.pl --install 3.1.1.5.1 --target x64 --locdir /home/forecast /wrfems

I also run to download all the packages as they install, but the error is the same.
I installed java again and again but the problem persists.

Friends of meteorology colleagues, someone can help me! ... 64 bit is more much faster than 32-bit... I want to take full advantage of my new machine .... Help Please!

apextreme

Re: Dwiz problem machine 64 bits....java not found!

Post by apextreme » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 pm

mmm
No answer will be very basic ... my question?
The only solution I've found is to install 64 bit suse Open and install the compat java library called 32 bit, then he addresses the path with the command setenv (JAVA_HOME JAVA_ROOT JAVA_BINDIR) and runs very well so dwiz.
This is the only solution I found ... but I wish I could do this in Ubuntu ... but I can not ... someone could help me configure the i386 java libraries just as I requested the installation of wrfems?. ..
In advance thank you very much.

delinend

Post by delinend » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:45 pm

On Ubuntu 64bit, I install this for 32bit DWIZ support:
sudo apt-get install libc6-i386 lib32gcc1 lib32z1 lib32stdc++6 ia32-libs

Best regards

nebojsa

Post by nebojsa » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I've installed 3.2.x.beta on Centos 5.6 x64 but had problems during instalation. Some libs were missing and I had to install them manualy. So, pay attenton on the messages on the end of the installation. When installation is copleted without any warning, you may start to use model.

nebojsa

Post by nebojsa » Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Just installed EMS 3.4.1.X on OpenSUSE 12.2 KDE, no additioanl installation needed.