Dwiz localization problem

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
Laznik

Dwiz localization problem

Post by Laznik » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:41 am

Hello

I have encountered some strange problem. I have installed ems3 more than 10 times on different machines. Now i am installing ems on some older 2400 machine for some tests and get the following error. When creating domain and pressing localize the error is that there is no geo* data found when running geogrid.exe. Any idea?

thanks, and thanks Ivan for this forum

jost

meteoadriatic

Re: Dwiz localization problem

Post by meteoadriatic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 am

Hey Jost,

I had these errors too. When you create your mother domain, make sure that when you adjust domain size by dragging borders with mouse, domain size is even number. It can become odd if you adjust by mouse and then.. you get this error when try to run geogrid with "localize domain":

ERROR: For NMM core, E_SN must be an even number for grid 1. After that you get "No geo files found" but this last line is just consequence, not the cause of trouble.

So just go back to the "horizontal editor, delete inner nests and adjust your mother domain size so it comply with this claim (in horizontal dimension type in an even number). Then make nest as you need and it should finish now. Hope this helps.

Also I'm VERY interested if you will run v3 nesting sucessfuly over this part of world :) Now I'm gonna try cubemonkey's approach....

Laznik

Post by Laznik » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks Ivan

Strange i have tried everything now.... i get the error: geogrid.exe FATAL ERROR exitCode=132

List of geogrid.exe not found
no geo_* files were found

?

:)

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:08 am

Aha, I see, that error you encounter only on that old machine but not on newer ones? Maybe EMS binaries are not built for this architecture? What processor is that exactly?

Laznik

Post by Laznik » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:24 am

I use AMD Athlon XP 2400+

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 am

Probably....

Try to start benchmark case from benchmark directory. If you see any "illegal instruction" message on screen output or in logs, then, your CPU cannot process instructions that are binaries build for.

Some ideas...

1.) do you use beta2 or beta1? In second beta Robert added support for some older architectures.
2.) how did you installed EMS on that old machine? Did you use installer routine with -http option or you just copied files from newer machine and then used installer with them? If you copied files from 64bit system you got only 64-bit binaries.....