geogrid not found

Questions and other topics related to UEMS 15.
dominic

geogrid not found

Post by dominic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the creation of a NMM type domain. The problem in wizart domain is when you have to carry out the localization, the following errors appear in the screen:

Code: Select all

/home/dominic/Desktop/uems/runs/a/static/geogrid.log is Not Found;
	***CANNOT continue request***
	Attempt number 1 to find and read geogrid.log

Attempt number 2 to find and read geogrid.log

Attempt number 3 to find and read geogrid.log

After three attempts to find geogrid.log ...now giving up.

- - - - - - -  List of Output  - - - - - - -

List of geogrid.exe files found
	No geo_* files were found.

The same mistakes I appear with the creation of a type domain ARW, just that I can fix it later leaving wizart domain and giving ems_domain --localize command in Terminal

With arw works, the domain becomes operational but with NMM to wonder ems_domain --localize comes out this error to me

Code: Select all

Use of uninitialized value $table in -e at /home/dominic/Desktop/uems/strc/EMSbin/ems_domain line 1884.
Use of uninitialized value $table in concatenation (.) or string at /home/dominic/Desktop/uems/strc/EMSbin/ems_domain line 1884.

!  EMS Inspirational Message #756 - Help Me, Help You

Have You Seen Me? I am unable to locate the necessary GEOGRID.TBL file - 

"You just pick up a chord, go twang, and you've got music"

how can I solve this problem? the UEMS is the latest version available, I tried to resinstallare everything but with poor results.

meteosciez

Re: geogrid not found

Post by meteosciez » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:20 am

Hi dominic,

With UEMS 15.x, it is only possible to do a WRF ARW simulation, NMM is not included.

If you want to run NMM, i have either to use the older version of WRFEMS, or to try to compile by yourself le new NMM as discussed in this topic : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1015
meteo-sciez.fr

dominic

Post by dominic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 am

meteosciez wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:20 am
Hi dominic,

With UEMS 15.x, it is only possible to do a WRF ARW simulation, NMM is not included.

If you want to run NMM, i have either to use the older version of WRFEMS, or to try to compile by yourself le new NMM as discussed in this topic : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1015

Meteosciez Hello, I thank the clarification, I was coming out crazy, I thought it was my problem. Hopefully in the next release of UEMS Robert active Nems;-)

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 am

dominic wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 am
Hopefully in the next release of UEMS Robert active Nems;-)
From my tests, I hope that piece of NEMS sh** (code), will never get into life... that was horrifying trying to fix it. Maybe future releases will work better, but current NMMB release is junk.

dominic

Post by dominic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 am

meteoadriatic wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 am
dominic wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 am
Hopefully in the next release of UEMS Robert active Nems;-)
From my tests, I hope that piece of NEMS sh** (code), will never get into life... that was horrifying trying to fix it. Maybe future releases will work better, but current NMMB release is junk.

A real shame Ivan, was interesting. We will want to say that we will use only wrf-arw. There are possibilities so that nmmb is activated in the UEMS package?

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Will it be depends on Robert, but I think he doesn't want to include it because of numerous issues with quality, stability and internal stuff compatibility of NMMB model. I found only one (1) physics combination that can even work, and that one sucks when snow covers the land, has temperature problems and cloud issues..., and also crashes from time to time without any trace of idea why... not to mention there is no official support for it and there is no user based forum or mailing list where you can find support (the most talked about it place seems to be here on wrfems.info).

I tried whole year, testing, giving chances, doing all possible combinations... and then I just gave up. WRF-ARW seems to be so much better now. I really don't miss NMMB like that one. Now, will there be official update to it, I don't know. Will ever be supported, I don't know. Will enter into UEMS, I don't know...

alfe

Post by alfe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello Meteoadriatic,
your wish came true : http://www.dtcenter.org/nems-nmmb/users/

another one bites the dust...

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 pm

I know that's old news.