uems can't find itself...

Questions and other topics related to UEMS 18.
pattim

uems can't find itself...

Post by pattim »

OK, for the first time ever, I installed uems (tried both v19 and v20) on a redeployed Dell R820 E5-4650 server, and the EMS.profile file cannot find uems, even though all paths seem set correctly. After installing the lines (which have always worked before) in my .bashrc file, a bash shell won't start. (!!!) So I commented out the configuration lines in .bashrc, and tried running EMS.profile itself...

Code: Select all

~/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems/runs> /home/patti/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems/etc/EMS.profile
Can not find UEMS distribution -- Check location and modify uems/etc/EMS.profile
~/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems/runs> export EMSDIR=/home/patti/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems
~/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems/runs> echo $EMSDIR
/home/patti/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems
~/00_GCMs/00_uems/uems/runs> 
Does this error look at all familiar to anyone?? I've installed uems on several different intel and opteron servers and never seen this before.

I noticed that the most recent uems distros say to put the location lines in ~.bash_profile - but if I do that, I can't log into my computer as myself. That's because it cannot start a bash shell (.bash_profile gets read when a user logs in - .bashrc is read any time the user opens a bash shell).

UEMS works on EVERY other machine I have.
pattim

Re: uems can't find itself...

Post by pattim »

OK - I figured this out. For some reason EMS.profile contained UEMS=EMSDIR instead of UEMS=<the path to my uems home directory>

Also I had to add the paths to directories of the binaries to my bash $PATH in my .bashrc

Oddly, I also had to edit Eenv.pm to tell it the $ENV{SOCKETS} and $ENV{CORES} to their correct values (about line# 395). They were both getting set = 0 after the install.