minor bug

Questions and other topics related to UEMS 18.
pattim

minor bug

Post by pattim » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Minor bug: If the .grib files aren't all available in RAP - then you can get an error like:

Code: Select all

> ems_prep --dset rap --length 6 --domain 3 --cycle 12 && ems_run --length 6  --domain 3 --cycle 12
(...)
    IV.  Horizontal interpolation of intermediate files to the computational domain

*  Interpolating fields to the computational domain (3 CPUs) - Failed (message hopefully to follow)

ERROR: The mandatory field SKINTEMPERROR: The mandatory field SKINTEMP was not found in any input data.

Take a look at the log/prep_metgrid#.log files for additional information.

☠  The interpolation of data to the computational domain failed, which bites.

Your UEMS Prep party was busted at Sun Aug 19 02:02:14 2018 UTC - Ya know, 'cause stuff just happens

Neil Armstrong's microphone cut out just before he said: "Think Globally, Model Locally!"
My fix was to switch to NAM. Now, I think RAP is a special case where partial files are stored at some hour intervals, so you have to be careful - but I haven't figured out with what...

Patricia