Domain Wizard not showing text properly?

Questions and other topics related to UEMS 18.
Felin

Domain Wizard not showing text properly?

Post by Felin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 am

Hi together,

I'm pretty new to UEMS (just got version 19.5.1 some weeks ago) and have unfortunately some problems with the domain wizard (version 2.28) running on our server. In principal I can use the domain wizard, though most of the text is not displayed at all or not properly, which you can see in the following screenshots:
In the first picture, the text is sometimes "flickering". I mean, using the documentation, I still can use the domain wizard, but it is not really convenient clicking somewhere not knowing the name of the button, and so on.

Actually, I've had this issue right from the start, but then I could fix that installing various packages like Xrender, Xtst and java (which obviously is necessary, but hadn't been installed). So, once the domain wizard was working properly (but quite slowly). Now, opening the wizard again, the problem reappeared.

The terminal and the domain_wizard.log do not show any errors:

Code: Select all

INFO: /bin/csh not available, using /bin/sh instead
INFO: Mac or Linux computer detected. Setting Mac/Linux fonts
INFO: JVM memory=630128640
INFO: WRF Domain Wizard version 2.82
Maybe, someone has had these issues before and knows how to fix it permanently?

Thanks a lot for your answer,
Florian.

meteoadriatic

Re: Domain Wizard not showing text properly?

Post by meteoadriatic » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Looks like java problem. Can you try to upgrade/reinstall/change your java/jre version on computer?

Felin

Post by Felin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Thank you for your fast answer. In principal I've got full rights on the machine, so I can do anything possible. The java-version I've got seems to be pretty new: openjdk version "1.8.0_212". Maybe that is too new? Do you have any idea which version would be suitable for the domain wizard?

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 pm

I don't know, maybe documentation of domain wizard has some clues about supported jre versions?