router/firewall/proxy issue

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
pattim

router/firewall/proxy issue

Post by pattim » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Another newbie question - I don't think it's a proxy issue because I get the exact same message whether I configure OpenSuSE12.1 for our proxy or not. It claims a "malformed URL' when running the ems_install.pl script. I looked in the script for a proxy config but found none. ModelE's updater phones home effortlessly and can download what it needs, EMS's can't. here's the error - can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Code: Select all

#:~/00_GCMs/EMS_WRF> ./ems_install.pl --install 3.2.1.5.45.beta --nowkp

Greetings clearly intelligent and devastatingly good-looking WRF EMS user!

Welcome to the NWS SOO Science and Training Resource Center (SOO/STRC) Weather Research
    and Forecasting (WRF) Environmental Modeling System (EMS) installation and update routine.

Phew! That's more than a mouthful.

*  Checking http connection to emsdata2.comet.ucar.edu   - Contacted

*  Connecting to emsdata2.comet.ucar.edu to get requested information

!  There was a problem retrieving information from emsdata2.comet.ucar.edu

* <url> malformed
            * About to connect() to proxy ******************************* (#0)
            *   Trying ***.***.***.***... connected
            > GET http://emsdata2.comet.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ems_info.pl?list HTTP/1.1
            > User-Agent: curl/7.22.0 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.22.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0e zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.5 libidn/1.22
           libssh2/1.2.9
            > Host: emsdata2.comet.ucar.edu
            > Accept: */*
            > Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
            > 
            * The requested URL returned error: 407
            * Closing connection #0

Your Installation is Incomplete - Now go forth and fix the problem!

Nigel Says - "WRF EMS, It's taking mesoscale modeling to 11"
I guess I could download elsewhere and copy it to my system, but my experience with ModelE shows that a live connection makes life much easier.
TIA Patricia