BUFKIT Errors

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
azwxman

BUFKIT Errors

Post by azwxman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm

First question, if anyone can answer: are BUFKIT files saved in any special format (e.g. BUFR, etc)?

We're generating BUFKIT-like files (parsed from text files generated by extracting data from various model grids) and saving these ".buf" files to disk.

My problem is that, like many other posters, I keep seeing various run-time errors: "13" Type Mismatch, "380" Invalid Property being two seen.

I understand BUFKIT is unforgiving of format variances, but if I can start by confirming what file type "buf" is or isn't, that would help immensely.

I can provide a sample of my file if needed.

Thanks

Robert Dewey

Re: BUFKIT Errors

Post by Robert Dewey » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 pm

I had an error when using the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis data... but it was a run-time 5 error.

I tracked it down to BUFKIT apparently not being able to handle "-9999.00" as missing values, so I just changed them to 0.00 (using a text editor find/replace command), and the file worked. Not sure if those changes would affect other calculated fields in the file, but it confirmed the problem.

You could try changing the -9999.00 values (if present) just to confirm whether or not that's the issue.

azwxman

Re: BUFKIT Errors

Post by azwxman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks, Robert.

I edited one of my .buf files as you suggested. Now I'm getting new errors: Run Time error 5 in BufKit v9 and Run time error 62 in v12.

Mark