MPI Errors

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
weatherc

MPI Errors

Post by weatherc » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:32 am

Last night started WRF to fail for me with MPI-erros. I tryed to install a fresh wrfems but even with default settings/fresh domain presists the error:
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(388)........:
MPID_Init(139)...............: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(49)...........: progress_init failed
MPIDI_CH3I_Progress_init(804): This version of MPICH requires the SIGUSR1 signal, but the application has already installed a handler
The box is running on Centos 6
Any ideas?

// Henkka

meteoadriatic

Re: MPI Errors

Post by meteoadriatic » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:10 am

And you didn't changed anything on the system?

weatherc

Post by weatherc » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 am

Nope.

// Henkka

weatherc

Post by weatherc » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Little further but not working yet...

After compiling Mpich 1.5 (and changed paths in EMS.cshrc) i have got figured out the issue is util/mpich2/mpiexec.gf what i assume is a customized one from the orginal mpiexec.

When copyed mpich to mpich.gf ems_domain works OK (at least seems so) but ems_prep fails with following error:
[mpiexec@s2.nordicweather.net] match_arg (./utils/args/args.c:160): unrecognized argument maxtime
[mpiexec@s2.nordicweather.net] HYDU_parse_array (./utils/args/args.c:175): argument matching returned error
[mpiexec@s2.nordicweather.net] parse_args (./ui/mpich/utils.c:1603): error parsing input array
[mpiexec@s2.nordicweather.net] HYD_uii_mpx_get_parameters (./ui/mpich/utils.c:1654): unable to parse user arguments
[mpiexec@s2.nordicweather.net] main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:154): error parsing parameters
When use util/mpich2/mpiexec.gf from emswrf also ems_domain fails.

Totally out of ideas now.

// Henkka