cbarn horizontally

All other topics about postprocessing model data (GrADS and other software), about other numerical weather prediction software (including WRF-NMM and WRF-ARW discussion unrelated to UEMS/WRF EMS), and general meteorology talk go in this forum.
dominic

cbarn horizontally

Post by dominic » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 am

Hi, I would like to know if you can put the color bar in the plot horizontally.

how can I do?

:)

meteoadriatic

Re: cbarn horizontally

Post by meteoadriatic » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:01 am

It will go there automatically if you have more space below than to the right of your map.

To accomplish that, either change lat/lon dimensions of your plot, or change dimensions of your image with set vpage (I'm not sure if last one will work but you can try).

dominic

Post by dominic » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:06 am

Hello meteoadriatic

the space there, the bar is vertically and below the plot there is space to put it in horizontal

is written on cbarn.gs

* Vert - 0 FORCES a horizontal bar to vertical bar = 1
* Xmid - the x position on the virtual page the center the bar
* Ymid - the x position on the virtual page the center the bar

I then tried to add after "run cbarn.gs" some numbers between which is zero, but nothing.

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 am

Won't work that way, IMHO.

As I said, if this is map with
'set lat xx xx'
'set lon yy yy'

and your bar is plotted vertically, then do something like:

'set lat zz zz'

where "zz zz = xx xx - something relatively small". That way you will shorten map dimensions in south-north direction and thus create more white space below map. If enough space is created below map, your bar will go there automatically.

dominic

Post by dominic » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 am

meteoadriatic wrote:Won't work that way, IMHO.

As I said, if this is map with
'set lat xx xx'
'set lon yy yy'

and your bar is plotted vertically, then do something like:

'set lat zz zz'

where "zz zz = xx xx - something relatively small". That way you will shorten map dimensions in south-north direction and thus create more white space below map. If enough space is created below map, your bar will go there automatically.
i do not want to contradict you, but I shrunk the map, but the bar is always right. I can not put it horizontally under. I'm sorry: (

meteoadriatic

Post by meteoadriatic » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:49 am

Strange! Try cbarn.gs script from opengrads distribution, that is what I use. I don't know if it is different than yours.

johny3329

Post by johny3329 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 am

Hello Everyone! Does anyone know if tracking runoff is possible in EMS? I read in the docs on WRF that Noah is one dimensional, but I see people have been linking adjacent cells together for some time to track runoff and flash floods. (since 2007 anyway) - but I don't see an option in EMS (or WRF) for this - does anyone know?

Thank you!!!!
jimmy

janemcready

Post by janemcready » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am

Yes, you can. There is no harm or troubles in keeping the color bar in the plot horizontally. That will not affect any of your settings, so you have top least bothered about the same. Thanks for sharing the procedure.

JANE