Model physics overriding configuration via EMS_RUN command line

All other topics about postprocessing model data (GrADS and other software), about other numerical weather prediction software (including WRF-NMM and WRF-ARW discussion unrelated to UEMS/WRF EMS), and general meteorology talk go in this forum.
ardhi.adhary

Model physics overriding configuration via EMS_RUN command line

Post by ardhi.adhary » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 am

Hello,

I've just started using EMS for 2 months for my tropical meteorology research works. I'm currently comparing the Cu and MP schemes available in the run_physics.conf. So far, I run the simulation for each schemes one-by-one, because I could not override either CU_PHYSICS and MP_PHYSICS parameters from EMS_RUN command line, even though the configuration file had comments which implied that the parameters could be overridden by passing "--define PARAMETER=VALUE" flag.

Therefore, I would like to know if there are ways to override the parameters inside run_physics.conf from EMS_RUN command (other than available options mentioned on the EMS guide) ? I hope I could save time by utilizing EMS_RUN in a shell script (just like EMS_AUTORUN) without changing run_physics.conf every time for each simulations.

Thank you very much and warm regards from Indonesia :)

-ardhi-